Test Bank For From Slavery to Freedom 1st Edition By John Hope Franklin
Chapter 1: Ancestral Africa
- What linguistic group predominated in the region of north-central Africa?
- Scholars believe that, around 2000 B.C.E., speakers of which language spread from present day Nigeria and Cameroon southward and eastward to make their language the most commonly used one on the continent?
- The artifacts of the ancient Nok people of the Jos Plateau provide archaeological evidence of all of the following EXCEPT
- highly developed iron-making capabilities.
- settled communities centered around agricultural production.
- a written language used for administrative and economic records.
- figurative terracotta sculptures.
- What is an abrammuo?
- a weight for measuring precious metals
- a small sculpture used in religious ceremonies
- a wind instrument similar to the modern flute
- a headpiece worn by Ghanaian emperors
- Before the fifteenth century C.E., what commodity did Arabs and Europeans most desire from sub-Saharan Africa?