Test Bank For Drugs Society And Human Behavior 17th Edition By Carl L.
Drugs, Society, & Behavior, 17e (Hart)
Chapter 1 Drug Use: An Overview
1) One of the general principles of psychoactive drugs is that every drug has ________.
- A) effects on the heart
- B) impurities
- C) multiple effects
- D) a key to some part of the mind
2) One of the general principles of psychoactive drug use is that the effect of any psychoactive drug depends on.
- A) the individual’s history and expectations
- B) its legal status
- C) the user’s diet
- D) the user’s unique brain chemistry
3) Methamphetamine, crack cocaine, ecstasy, and glue sniffing were given as examples of media reports on:
- A) the “drug du jour.”
- B) laissez-faire.
- C) drugs that are always “bad drugs.”
- D) drug use by celebrities.
4) One of the general principles of psychoactive drug use is that:
- A) all psychoactive drugs should be banned.
- B) most people are unable to control their own drug use.
- C) every drug has an opposite drug that can counteract it.
- D) drugs, per se, are not good or bad.
5) The use of a substance in a manner, amounts, or situations such that the drug causes problems or greatly increases the chances of problems occurring is:
- A) addiction.
- B) dependence.
- C) abuse.
- D) deviance.
6) Drug use that is not common within a social group and that is disapproved of by the majority, causing members of a group to take corrective action when it occurs is:
- A) deviant drug use.
- B) drug misuse.
- C) drug abuse.
- D) illicit drug abuse.