Guide to Network Defense and Countermeasures 3rd Edition By Randy Weaver – Test Bank
ISBN-13: 978-1133727941, ISBN-10: 1133727948
Chapter 1 – Network Security Fundamentals
- A packet monkey is an unskilled programmer who spreads viruses and other malicious scripts to exploit computer weaknesses.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 3
- A worm creates files that copy themselves repeatedly and consume disk space.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 5
- Physical security protects a system from theft, fire, or environmental disaster.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 12
- Reviewing log files is a time-consuming task and therefore should only be done when an attack on the network has occurred.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 17
- With discretionary access control, network users can share information with other users, making it more risky than MAC.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 19
- A hactivist can best be described as which of the following?
|a.||an unskilled programmer that spreads malicious scripts||c.||use DoS attacks on Web sites with which they disagree|
|b.||consider themselves seekers of knowledge||d.||deface Web sites by leaving messages for their friends to read|
ANS: C PTS: 1 REF: 3
- Malware that creates networks of infected computers that can be controlled from a central station is referred to as which of the following?
ANS: A PTS: 1 REF: 5
- What is a program that appears to do something useful but is actually malware?
|b.||logic bomb||d.||back door|
ANS: C PTS: 1 REF: 5