Test Bank For Digital Fundamentals 11th Edition Thomas Floyd
ISBN-13: 9781292075983, ISBN-10:1292075988
TRUE/FALSE. Write ‘T’ if the statement is true and ‘F’ if the statement is false.
1) The values of an analog signal flow smoothly from one to the next.
2) A sinusoidal waveform is an analog signal.
3) Digital data can be processed and transmitted more efficiently and reliably than analog
4) The field that comprises both mechanical and electronic components is known as
5) The decimal number system uses nine different symbols.
6) The binary number system uses just two symbols.
7) A waveform that repeats itself at fixed intervals is called a periodic waveform.
8) Digital systems respond to voltage levels that change abruptly between two levels (high and
9) The amplitude of a digital waveform is the difference in voltage between the LOW and HIGH
10) The clock signal synchronizes the other waveforms in a circuit.
11) Clock signals carry pieces of information such as letters and numbers.
12) Serial data is sent along a single conductor, one bit at a time.
13) Parallel data is sent along a single conductor, one bit at a time.
14) When the inputs to a 2-input AND gate are both HIGH, the output is HIGH.
15) When either input to a 2-input AND gate is LOW, the output is LOW.