Test Bank For Guyton And Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology 12th Edition By John E. Hall
ISBN-13: 978-1416045748, ISBN-10: 1416045740
Chapter 01: Functional Organization of the Human Body and Control of the “Internal Environment”
- The most abundant type of cell in the human body is which of the following?
- Epithelial cell
- Red blood cell
- White blood cell
- Vascular smooth muscle cell
- Skeletal muscle cell
- The most abundant substance in the human body and the approximate percentage of that substance in the body is which of the following?
- Protein, 30%
- Protein, 60%
- Water, 30%
- Water, 60%
- Carbohydrate, 30%
- Carbohydrate, 60%
- A large volume of blood is transfused to a person whose baroreceptor blood pressure control system is not functioning and arterial blood pressure rises from the normal level of 100 to 160 mm Hg. If the same volume of blood is infused into the same person when the baroreceptor system is functioning and this time the arterial pressure increases from the normal level from 100 mm Hg up to 120 mm Hg, calculate the gain of the baroreceptor system in this person.
- Which of the following substances has the highest extracellular fluid to intracellular fluid concentration ratio for most mammalian cells?
- Sodium ions
- Potassium ions
- Carbon dioxide
- Exchange of substances between the cardiovascular system and the interstitial fluid occurs mainly in which of the following?