Test Bank For Gerontological Nursing Competencies For Care 3rd Edition By Kristen L Mauk
Chapter 1 Introduction to Gerontological Nursing
- A negative attitude towards aging and the aged is called:
- Which of the following is not considered a core competency for nurses caring for older adults?
- Analyze the impact of an aging society on the health care system
- Obtain certification in gerontological nursing
- Prevent or reduce common risk factors that contribute to functional decline
- Recognize one’s own attitudes about aging
- The nurse wishes to obtain basic certification in the specialty of gerontological nursing. Which of the following is true about this credential?
- there is an experience requirement
- one must pass an exam
- one must have a BSN
- a and b only
- When the nurse reads an article and uses the findings of a study to improve the quality of the patients for whom she cares, she is implementing the role of:
- research consumer
- A lawyer wishes to hire a nurse consultant who has advanced education and certification in gerontology. Based on their listed credentials, which of the following nurses best fits his wishes?
- Sally Smith, RN, BSN, BC
- Mary Malloy, RN, MS, GNP
- Andy Jones, LPN, CRRC
- Greg Reed, RN, MSN