Test Bank For Fundamentals of Organic Chemistry 7th Edition By by John E. McMurry
Chapter 1-Structure and Bonding: Acids and Bases
- How many total valence electrons are represented in the following electron configuration?
1s22s22px2 2py2 2pz1 or 1s22s22p5
Instructions: Write valid Lewis (electron-dot) structures for each formula below. Show all electrons as dots and show all nonbonding electrons.
- Write: CH3CH2OH ethanol
- The structure of urea is shown below. Fill in any nonbonding valence electrons that are missing from the line-bond structure.
Instructions: Determine the hybridization for the indicated atoms in each structure below.
- Refer to instructions. The hybridization of carbon atom A is _____.
- Refer to instructions. The hybridization of carbon atom B is _____.
- How many nonbonding electron pairs are in the structure shown below?
|e.||none of these|