Nursing Theories Nursing Practice 3rd Edition Parker – Test Bank
Nursing knowledge Professional practice Paradigm
Nursing Practice Theory Empirical indicators Caring
Syntactical structure Specialized language Values and beliefs Nursing process
Community of Scholars Discipline
Worldviews Metaparadigm Conceptual model Middle-range theory Clinical scholarship Domain
Conceptual structure Tradition Practice-level theory
On completion of this chapter, students will be able to:
- Compare and contrast definitions of nursing.
- Describe the usefulness of theory to everyday practice.
- Identify four phenomena of interest to nursing.
- Name the primary purpose of nursing theory.
- Describe characteristics of nursing as a discipline.
- Discuss the importance of conceptualizing nursing as a discipline of knowledge.
- Compare and contrast definitions of nursing theory.