Medical Coding Certification Exam Preparation 2nd Edition By Stewart – Exam Bank
Medical Coding, 2e (Stewart)
Chapter 4 Foundations of CPT
1) The CPT manual tells the ________ about the patient’s encounter.
2) The process of supporting the medical necessity of the CPT code(s) with the ICD code(s) is called:
3) Linkage is:
A) Connecting the service provided with the appropriate fee schedule
B) Supporting the medical necessity of the service provided with the diagnosis
C) Supporting the charges of the service provided
D) Identifying the number of units of each service provided
4) CPT is what level of the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System?
5) The acronym for Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System is:
6) What does the acronym HCPCS stand for?
A) Hierarchy of Coding Procedural Conditions and Services
B) Healthcare Provider Coding Systems
C) Health Codes and Provider Classification System
D) Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System
7) The CPT manual contains ________ sections.
8) The CPT manual is made up of all of the following except:
A) Tabular List
B) Category II codes
C) Category III codes
9) There are ________ digits in CPT codes:
10) CPT codes describe all of the following services except:
11) Which organization is responsible for updates of the CPT manual?
A) American Hospital Association
B) American Academy of Professional Coders
C) American Medical Association
D) American Physicians Association
12) How often is the CPT manual updated?
13) CPT code updates are effective on which date each year?
A) October 1
B) February 1
C) June 1
D) January 1